Club Beyond is looking for men and women willing to step into the world of Military teens and invest in their lives. Could this be your call to be the person who offers consistency, friendship and conversations about faith and life? We are Christ-centered, welcoming kids from all backgrounds and denominations and building their faith and resiliency.
Our ideal candidate is spiritually mature, and competent communicator, capable of building a rich culture of fun, friendship, an adventure for middle through high schoolers.
Our Organizational Story
There are over 200 military installations around the world- home to over 300,000 military teens. These teens move an average of seven times during their school-aged years, and will say goodbye to more significant figures in their life by 18, than many will in their entire lifetime. Home isnt a location for them, but a sense of belonging and community. The questions of identity and belonging that all teens face become even more difficult to answer in the midst of having to start over and meet new friends at each location.
This is where you can be the difference in military teens life! By being in their world, walking alongside them, and creating a community where they experience the truth of Gods love and purpose for them. Providing a space where they can develop friendships and connections, gives them a safe place to experience laughter, build hope, and generate the resiliency that life requires of us all.
What does this position entail?
* Spiritually Mature
* Competent communicator with youths, parents, and senior military leaders
* Familiar with, or willing to learn about military life
* Committed to a relational ministry approach
* Small event planning skills
* Strong Initiative
* Willing to fundraise to supplement salary
* Willing to make a 3 year commitment to the community
* Able to build adult support teams
Responsibilities: As a Club Beyond community director you are responsible to reach out to military teens in your assigned location through building relationships, creating inviting events, provide spiritual direction and develop a volunteer team of leaders who have the same vision to reach military teens. You will also learn how to gather a team of adults in the community who want to support you and Club Beyond.
As a non-profit organization, our staff are responsible to raise a portion of their salary. We have been reaching out to military teens since 1980 and have a team of experienced people who train and help our staff tell the story and raise the support they need.
* Full time
* Salary variable- based experience
* Bachelors Degree Preferred
* 3 Years of youth ministry experience (volunteer OR paid) required
* Occasional Travel
* Extensive benefits package available, including vision and dental
Club Beyond works on military installations all over the world. We currently have openings at:
* Fort Bliss, TX
* Fort Sam/Houston, TX
* Fort Wainwright, AK
* West Point, NY
Contact us through:
Phil Alfrey: ...@mcym.org
Want to know more about our mission and culture?
Please check out clubbeyond.org to learn how Club Beyond has been changing the lives of military teens for over 39 years.
Associated topics: ad, care, festival, market, marketing, medical center, principle gift, social media, twitter, university relationship
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.