As one of Upstate New York's fastest growing urgent care providers we are focused on providing excellent opportunities for professionals that demonstrate a continual commitment to the highest quality, patient-centered care, in a warm and friendly setting.
As a reflection of our continued growth, we have an exciting opening to join our team as an X-Ray Technologist.
Are you a friendly and motivated X-Ray Technologist, with the ability to help treat patients quickly and kindly?
As a WellNow X-Ray Technologist team member you will be a part of a team that is dedicated to improving the delivery and quality of healthcare to our Urgent Care patients, while being part of a medical community in which you are supported in your growth as a medical professional.
We offer competitive pay and exceptional benefits that include:
- Free urgent care visits for employee and immediate family members!
- 401K plan with generous company match!
- Monthly bonus opportunity, with ability to earn up to an additional $3,000 per year!
- Prepares patients for radiological procedures and conducts x-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety
- Uses a variety of radiation protection and shielding materials
- Ensures radiology equipment is functioning appropriately and reports equipment malfunctions to the department head
- Logs radiologic procedures
- Obtains pre-authorization from insurance companies for CT scans
- Ensures all radiographs achieve a radiographic interpretation by our teleradiology company
- Clarifies discrepancy radiology readings with the medical provider
- Greets, registers patients and performs other front desk duties
- Performs basic medical assisting/occupational medicine technician duties to ensure proper patient flow
- Answers and appropriately triages phone calls
- Cleans and stocks the site with other members of the team
- Travels between local WellNow locations to complete weekly full time hours
Minimum Education and Experience
- Understanding of the anatomy and physiology necessary to perform x-ray testing, including body mechanics and patient movement
- Knowledge of radiology equipment, including safety hazards common to radiology.
- Capability to identify equipment issues and troubleshoot problems
- Capacity to apply written instructions and standardized work practices and protocols
- Ability to perform all job duties with no accommodations, including lift up to 50 pounds, repeatedly bend and twist, and standing for up to 10-12 hours daily
- Friendly and outstanding customer service skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Basic computer skills, including the use of multiple Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
Required License or Certification:
- Completion of an accredited Radiologic Technology program
APPLY NOW at for immediate consideration to join our growing team and start your career journey with WellNow!
- ARRT Licensure in Radiologic Technology or Completion of Radiologic Technology program
- Active New York State Licensure in Radiologic Technology
WellNow is an EOE
Associated topics: cath laboratory, catheterization, ct scan, ct technologist, diagnostic, mri, ndt, radiographer, radiologic, radiology