Volunteers of America, Inc. (VOA, Inc.) is a national, faith-based human services organization that was founded in New York City in 1896 and has remained at the forefront of social service ever since, helping individuals and families in need overcome obstacles to living safe, healthy and productive lives in the community. The largest of the affiliates, Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-GNY) serves tens of thousands of men, women, and children in need every year, through 80 programs staffed by 1,300 skilled and dedicated staff, throughout New York City, Westchester County and Northern New Jersey.
VOA-GNY s life-changing, often life-saving work impacts the lives of individuals and families who are homeless and those at risk of homelessness, families recovering from domestic violence, children with developmental delays, individuals living with HIV/AIDS or behavioral health issues, older adults and veterans struggling to reintegrate. VOA, Inc. is one of the largest providers of permanent, supportive housing in the United States. VOA-GNY is the largest provider of supportive housing for veterans in New York, and is committed to addressing the needs of the community with compassion, creativity, respect, and therapeutic models that inform our work.
The Property Manager/Compliance Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day property management operations for Creston and Wales Limited Partnerships and ensuring compliance with funder, rent stabilization, fair housing, and Low Income Housing Tax Credit regulations. To provide services that focuses on preserving the physical integrity of the building in accordance with best practices in maintenance and compliance with local and state building codes and regulations. To provide quality property management strategies that sustains the financial viability of the housing asset. Partner with supportive services staff to maintain safe, clean, cost-effective properties while also to help ensure that at-risk and formerly homeless tenants are able to remain living in the housing successfully
Bachelor s degree or 7 to 10 years supportive housing property management experience managing a minimum of 250 units; possess demonstrated expertise in Yardi, Rent Stabilization Guidelines, and Fair Housing Laws; the ability to read and understand property financial statements; possess LIHTC and Assisted Housing Certifications. RAM certified, bilingual in Spanish, and supervisory experience, preferred.
1. Primary responsibilities include tenant selection and interviewing, determination of tenant eligibility, leasing administration, initial certifications and recertification in accordance with LIHTC guidelines, move-in and move-outs, tenant orientation as well as rent collection and in-house stipulations, addressing rent arrears, and managing legal action.
2. Participate in budget development and monitoring, capital improvement planning, review and comment on monthly operating reports generated by Real Estate accounting. Maintain YARDI records of tenant activity (e.g. move-in, move-out, certifications, leasing, payments) and provide training in Yardi and provide technical support.
3. Enforce rules enforcement and tenant relations related to the quite enjoyment of other tenants and building safety. Additionally, conduct apartment and buildings inspections, coordinate repairs and maintenance and monitor building violations with the Superintendent, as needed.
4. Support the Real Estate Finance Department and Asset Management area. Prepare monthly and ad hoc reports, as requested, for asset management and finance (e.g. vacancy, occupancy, rent rolls, arrears and legal, work order management).
5. Maintain excellent relationships with external and community partners.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today! Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS
1. Provide control to property management.
2. Facilitate financial viability of the property
3. Safeguard agency s assets.
4. Reporting deadlines will be maintained and insure compliance with regulatory agencies.
5. Effective communication with external funders to insure VOA-GNY is abreast of best practices and current requirements of Low Income Housing Tax Credits.
Launch your career - Upload your resume now!Upload your resume
Loading some great jobs for you...