Volunteers of America, Inc. (VOA, Inc.) is a national, faith-based human services organization that was founded in New York City in 1896 and has remained at the forefront of social service ever since, helping individuals and families in need overcome obstacles to living safe, healthy and productive lives in the community. The largest of the affiliates, Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-GNY) serves tens of thousands of men, women, and children in need every year, through 80 programs staffed by 1,300 skilled and dedicated staff, throughout New York City, Westchester County and Northern New Jersey.
VOA-GNY s life-changing, often life-saving work impacts the lives of individuals and families who are homeless and those at risk of homelessness, families recovering from domestic violence, children with developmental delays, individuals living with HIV/AIDS or behavioral health issues, older adults and veterans struggling to reintegrate. VOA, Inc. is one of the largest providers of permanent, supportive housing in the United States. VOA-GNY is the largest provider of supportive housing for veterans in New York, and is committed to addressing the needs of the community with compassion, creativity, respect, and therapeutic models that inform our work.
The Maintenance Worker III is responsible for the overall maintenance of the facility. This role must be available for emergencies.
High School Diploma and three years related experience in building maintenance with one year of supervisory experience; or satisfactory combination of related experience and specialized education or training. Basic computer skills.
S-12: City Wide Sprinkler Systems / S-11 Residential Sprinkler Systems
S-13: City Wide Standpipe Systems
S-95: Supervision of Fire Alarm Systems and other related systems
P-98: Fuel-oil Piping and Storage Systems
F-80: Coordinator of Fire Safety and Alarm Systems in Homeless Shelters
This position has supervisory responsibilities
1. Recruit, train and supervise maintenance staff.
2. Prepare and carry out a preventative maintenance plan which includes all fire safety, OSHA and other
3. Manage work orders.
4. Track property maintenance, work orders, inventory, and purchases in computerized
5. Respond to emergency calls outside regular work hours.
6. Assist in preparation of capital budget.
7. Ensure all Regulatory inspections are performed on time and filed.
8. Perform other duties that may be assigned.
Expected Results of Principal Responsibilities:
1. A full complement of well-trained maintenance staff is available.
2. Building is maintained in a safe manner, meeting all regulatory requirements.
3. Work orders are completed in a timely manner.
4. Computerized tracking of property maintenance, work orders, inventory, and purchasing is accurate and
5. Calls are responded to promptly.
6. Capital budget reflects long range maintenance needs of the facility.
7. Inspections are performed timely and accurately.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be exposed to environment conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items up to 50 pounds.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today! Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled.
This is a full-time position
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...