Volunteers of America, Inc. (VOA, Inc.) is a national, faith-based human services organization that was founded in New York City in 1896 and has remained at the forefront of social service ever since, helping individuals and families in need overcome obstacles to living safe, healthy and productive lives in the community. The largest of the affiliates, Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-GNY) serves tens of thousands of men, women, and children in need every year, through 80 programs staffed by 1,300 skilled and dedicated staff, throughout New York City, Westchester County and Northern New Jersey.
VOA-GNY s life-changing, often life-saving work impacts the lives of individuals and families who are homeless and those at risk of homelessness, families recovering from domestic violence, children with developmental delays, individuals living with HIV/AIDS or behavioral health issues, older adults and veterans struggling to reintegrate. VOA, Inc. is one of the largest providers of permanent, supportive housing in the United States. VOA-GNY is the largest provider of supportive housing for veterans in New York, and is committed to addressing the needs of the community with compassion, creativity, respect, and therapeutic models that inform our work.
The Maintenance Worker I is responsible for cleaning of the building and grounds and some minor repairs. May require lifting, pushing, or pulling up to 50 pounds without assistance.
High School diploma or GED.
1. Clean areas and dispose of garbage in accordance with the facility schedule.
2. Complete work orders.
3. Accept and transport deliveries of supplies, furniture, and other program materials.
4. Assist in inventory control.
5. Provide back up in emergency safety situations.
6. Perform other duties as required.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS
1. A clean, safe environment is maintained.
2. Work orders receive prompt attention and are completed in a timely manner.
3. Deliveries are routed to the appropriate location.
4. Inventory is properly monitored.
5. Emergency situations are handled safely and professionally.
6. Related duties are performed completely, accurately and on time.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...