- $165,260.00 -165,260.00/year*
The purpose of the CBIO/IEPO and Ethics Officer position is to provide the Medical Center Director with assurance of facility business practice integrity. This is accomplished through continually monitoring and auditing of business unit compliance with federal regulations and VHA policy. CBI Officer recommendations regarding business practice oversight findings, particularly as related to FWA, are of significance to the Medical Center Director, VISN and VACO, and may serve as the basis for new business policy or procedure. The CBI Officer maintains the effectiveness of both the Compliance and Ethics programs, and to provide leadership, strategic direction and support to help assure that all employees within the Medical Center adhere to all legal, regulatory and policy requirements that apply in the business arena. The objective of this position is to ensure the Medical Center exercises due diligence with respect to business operations and remains compliant with all applicable Federal, State and internal Medical Center regulations and policies. The incumbent's work assignments and projects contribute to sustained improvement of productivity, effectiveness and efficiency in the Medical Center business program operations, related administrative support activities, and supports the development of best practices in the business arena. The assignments and projects affect the plans, goals and effectiveness of the Medical Center missions and programs. Work assignments also contribute to effective organizational stewardship and further fostering public trust in VHA.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Distributes written policies and procedures that promote commitment to corporate compliance and address specific areas of risk associated with Medical Center business practices and operations.
- Maintains collaborative working relationships with the Business Office, Health Information Management, Medical Staff, Regional Counsel, Executive Leadership and other key stakeholders in the Medical Center.
- Maintains awareness of laws and regulations
- Assists in the development and implementation of regular, effective education and training for all Medical Center employees on issues relating to the VHA CBI Program and job specific function compliance for employees in high risk operational areas.
- Ensures functional, timely and effective mechanisms for documenting and tracking compliance related trainings.
- Monitors incidents utilizing the (CIRTS); (TRIM) and other established methods.
- Documents allegations of improper activities and the enforcement of appropriate disciplinary actions against employees who have violated compliance policies, regulations or Federal health care program requirements.
- Coordinates the investigation and remediation of identified system problems and the development of policies addressing Federal Healthcare Program Exclusions pursuant to the Balanced Budget Act of 1997
- Utilizes the VHA CBI Compliance Indicators and other established evaluation and audit techniques to monitor facility compliance and to identify risk areas associated with Medical Center business systems and processes.
- Conducts facility risk assessments and uses the assessment outcomes as a foundational document for development of the Medical Center compliance program. Participates in external reviews
- Provides reports to Medical Center Director and VISN CBIO on program implementation, current monitoring efforts, and audit results. Reviews periodic reports with senior management detailing compliance initiatives throughout the year and recommends changes and improvements to the Medical Center CBI program and operational compliance related activities.
- May Chair and/or Co-Chair the Medical Center CBI Committee and provides ongoing and consistent reports, feedback and outcomes to the VISN CBIO.
- Ensures that issues of fraud, waste and abuse are reported to the Office of the Inspector General as outlined in 38 CFR 1. 201.
This position is in an integrated position between Canandaigua, Bath and ROPC
, and will require regular travel between the 3 sites. You will be expected to rotate your physical attendance at each site on an equitable basis.Work Schedule:
8:00 a. m. - 4:30 p. m., Monday - FridayTelework:
This is not a virtual position.Position Description/PD#: Health System Specialist - Compliance and Business Integrity Officer (CBIO)/
Not AuthorizedFinancial Disclosure Report:
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement, 07/04/2019.Time-In-Grade Requirement
: Applicants who are current Federal employees and have held a GS grade any time in the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements by the closing date of this announcement. For a GS-11 position you must have served 52 weeks at the GS-9. The grade may have been in any occupation, but must have been held in the Federal service. An SF-50 that shows your time-in-grade eligibility must be submitted with your application materials. Note:
Time-In-Grade requirements also apply to former Federal employees applying for reinstatement as well as current employees applying for Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA) appointment.
You may qualify based on your experience as described below:
- Specialized Experience: You must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade GS-9 in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization. Examples of specialized experience would typically include, but are not limited to: excellent oral and written communication skills for interaction with, and preparation of reports for senior management and other Medical Center leaders, In-depth knowledge of laws and regulations governing business practices and standards in the health care industry, Ability to provide necessary guidance and recommendations to senior management, Compliance Advisory Committee and Medical Center staff relative to CBI, Knowledge and ability to apply analytic principles, theories and techniques to healthcare management and operational systems with a degree of resourcefulness and ingenuity, Knowledge of Medical Center operations sufficient to identify compliance risks relative to specific service lines, functional units or individual positions.
You will be rated on the following Competencies for this position:
- Computer Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Organizational Stewardship
- Technical Competence
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e. g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e. g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.Note
: A full year of work is considered to be 35-40 hours of work per week. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. Applicants wishing to receive credit for such experience must indicate clearly the nature of their duties and responsibilities in each position and the number of hours a week spent in such employment.Physical Requirements:
The work is primarily sedentary, although some slight physical effort may be required.Work Environment:
Work is typically performed in an adequately lighted and climate controlled office and may require occasional travel.
For more information on these qualification standards, please visit the United States Office of Personnel Management's website at opm. gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/
Associated topics: attorney, company, compliance, compliance office, corporate attorney, counsel, courtroom, internal, legal department, market
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...