- United Technologies Corporation
- $53,110.00 -77,040.00/year*
United States of America
CAN96: NOR West Point West Point Construction Office, West Point, NY, 10996 USA
Exciting Things are Happening at NORESCO!
As one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S., NORESCO utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. NORESCO also provides build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for central heating, cooling and power-generation systems. NORESCO's Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable design consulting services, including energy auditing, commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting analysis, LEED? certification consulting, and sustainability master planning.
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer's individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corporation. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
The DDC Technician would be responsible for assisting the USMA, West Point Site Manager in the operations of the installed EMCS to include monitoring, diagnosing and repairing EMCS issue.
Responsibilities for this position would be:
* Manage assigned work to meet professional execution of time and customer satisfaction. Report problems or changes to site management immediately. Interface with site manager, other NORESCO technicians, site DPW staff and subcontractors on projects to coordinate activities as required in a professional manner.
* Respond to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, and remotely on-line).
* Communicate technical information to technical and non-technical people. Meet with customer upon arrival and before leaving an assigned work site. Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction. Meet regularly with customer and NORESCO site personnel to become familiar with operating problems. Keep customer informed on the nature of service provided, outstanding issues and recommend system enhancements, upgrades, and or repairs.
* Performing periodic maintenance on service customers' controls systems (BAS front end, DDC controllers, and end devices).
* Backing up controls systems programs and BAS computer.
* Analyze energy trend data to detect problems in system's operation. Diagnose and repair electric and electronic control system malfunctions requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems. Test and write modifications utilizing installed control systems software.
* Adheres to all NORESCO and customer safety standards.
* Provide training to customers on electronic control systems operations.
* Mentor junior technicians in the programming and configuration of building automation systems utilizing site standards for DDC systems.
* Conduct extensive self-study (reading, research and practice) to improve and maintain technical proficiency with various EMS product lines. Complete certifications as required by the company.
Qualifications for Position:
* Ability to pass a Department of Defense background check and obtain a Common Access Card (CAC).
* 6+ yrs. experience servicing Commercial HVAC equipment including units by Carrier, York and Trane.
* 6+ yrs. experience servicing Commercial BAS Automatic Temperature Controls.
* Strong knowledge and practical experience troubleshooting Direct Digital Controls (DDC) systems and their electrical interfaces with commercial mechanical equipment.
* Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical blueprints.
* Strong understanding and experience with the mechanical and electrical systems of commercial buildings.
* Strong knowledge and practical experience with controls calibration and testing tools.
* Hands on experience with the operation and editing of BAS front end graphics (GUI).
* Knowledge of controls applications and troubleshooting/editing DDC controls programs.
* Knowledge of Tridium AX platform. AX certification highly desired.
* Electronics training/certification from a technical school or military electronics training desired.
* Knowledge of third party integration via Lon/BACnet/Modbus protocols
* Applying concepts, principles, and methods for network connectivity (e.g. routing, switching, tunneling, and IP addressing)
* Mental alertness and ability to concentrate with distractions nearby
* Ability to stand, stoop, reach, bend, climb and crawl
* This position requires working in diverse locations and conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms where there can be potential exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and proximity to electricity including high voltage. Detailed safety review must be completed and reviewed prior to any work. Adherence to all Safety Procedures will be required.
* This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, standing, stooping, reaching, kneeling bending climbing and crawling
* Potential exists for requirement of employee to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 lbs
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Associated topics: business, general manager, housing assistant, luxury, management, manager, manager i, manager iii, resident, supervisory
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...