- $69,020.00 -105,470.00/year*
Customer Service/Call Center
We are seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Service Desk Tier 2 Support Specialist to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Resolves technical problems and answers queries by telephone in support of internal and/or outside customer computer hardware, software, network, and telecommunications systems. Diagnoses, identifies, isolates, and analyzes problems utilizing historical database records. May route calls to product line specialists. Maintains and updates records and tracking databases. Alerts management to recurring problems and patterns of problems.
This position will allow the right candidate the opportunity to establish best practices for service engagement in a technical environment. We are looking for a resource who can work well both independently and in teams to solve challenging IT support issues. Candidate should be a troubleshooter who can see above the fray and identify improvement opportunities with a knack for impressing the client.
* Provide 2nd level escalation support to the Tier 1 Help Desk.
* Provide remote and on-site troubleshooting for hardware and software support.
* Resolve Call Center Tech Support tickets and provide desk-side support to the rest of the client's customers.
* Install, monitor, troubleshoot, replace, and support, virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), end user equipment (terminals, printers/printer consumables, Multi-function devices/multi-function device consumables, mobile devices, VTCs, scanners, VOIP phones,
thin-clients, etc.), local and wide area networks, data storage systems, Active Directory, and other third party software.
* Document Incidents and Work Orders with detailed break-fix steps and resolution in ticket tracking system.
* Work with VIPs, providing a \"white glove\" service where necessary.
* Monitor and update all incidents and requests, including calls assigned to external suppliers/vendors.
* Reassign or escalate incidents and requests to appropriate support level, third parties or other teams where appropriate level of discussion of issues with colleagues will be conducted.
* Track all work, inventory, and projects using a ticketing system
* Provide assistance and participate on new project(s) testing and deployment/delivery.
* Travel to all client sites in the Washington, DC National Capitol Region as needed for break/fix tickets.
* Work with vendors as it pertains to software and hardware troubleshooting, repair, replacement and personnel escort.
* Participate in project deployment.
* Provide input and update knowledge base as necessary.
* Coordinate the logistics of and conduct the movement of assets and equipment to various client's facilities when needed.
* Maintain an organized resource/hardware furnished storage room(s).
* Document, update and close tickets according to defined service level agreement requirements.
Position Requirements Desired Skills:
* 5- 8 years experience working in support of desk side services with specific focus on supporting executive VP\\VIP levels and their assistants.
* Must have Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related discipline. Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Must have at least one certification or equivalent from the following list and maintain throughout the task order: CompTIA, ITIL, MCSA, MCP, MCSE, and HDI Desktop Support Technician Certificate).
* Must be self-motivated to learn and sharpen technology knowledge and skills along with business processes.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, phone etiquette, keyboarding skills, data entry skills, people skills, customer focused and service oriented, attentive to details, act with professionalism, able to multi-task.
* Experience preferred of VMWare, VOIP, Ticket tracking system, and Office 365.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Management Console tools, specifically Active Directory (AD) for user and computers, thin client, terminal services and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VMware VDI).
* Clearance: Public Trust eligibility
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you'll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government's critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Req ID = 2019-6532
Associated topics: assistance, client, information technology analyst, network, service, systems administrator, technical support, technical support specialist, technician, technician ii
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...