- U.S. Military Academy
- $31,310.00 -51,120.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is for US Citizens and Non-Citizens within the local commuting area of West Point, NY. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located at Eisenhower Hall.
Learn more about this agency
- Performing routine duties of servicing banquets either by providing for set menu banquets or taking individual orders.
- Setting up and breaking down banquet settings and replenishing beverages
1 Job family (Series)
7420 Waiter Similar jobs Requirements
Help Requirements Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Must be able to work varying and/or rotating shifts to include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Medical examination is required
Must meet the state/local age requirement for the serving of alcoholic beverages. No prior training or work experience required. Applicants must be able to follow simple oral and/or written instructions.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement. Additional information
\"The dual compensation guidelines DO NOT apply to this position. All GS and NAF employees whether fulltime or part time are eligible to apply for this position.\"
If applying manually, please bring your application package to the West Point NAF Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC) located at:
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 pm on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL:
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
626 Swift Road
West Point, New York 10996
Monday thru Friday (not open on Federal Holidays) between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. and NO LATER THAN 3:00 p.m. on the closing date of the announcement.
**Please note, that West Point has a restricted access policy and any person who chooses to personally deliver an application to the CPAC should bring along at least one photo identification and report to the West Point Visitor Center at least 30 minutes prior to attempting to visit the CPAC**
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating. Read more
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
Not Required Drug test required
No Required Documents
Help Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA 3433, DA 3434, Military Permanent Change of Station Orders, Marriage Certificate
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
Review our benefits
Associated topics: auxiliar de comedor, camarera, dining room captain, host, hostess, server, steward, waiter, wine, wine steward
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...