Loading some great jobs for you...
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Provide prompt and courteous service both in person and on the phone. Maintain a professional appearance and neat work environment consistent with company policy.
2. Make sure customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous attention from all employees.
3. Be familiar with procedures for handling all aspects of customer questions, complaints or disputes.
4. Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner. Advise the Manager or Supervisor immediately of all serious complaints or incidents.
5. Provide efficient, safe and professional pick up and delivery of vehicles associate with fleet/lease, factory and dealer consignments.
6. Interact with customers to verify vehicle information, condition of vehicle, etc.
7. Complete condition report as required by customer and complete paperwork related to the pick up an delivery function in an efficient and accurate manner.
8. Load and unload vehicles safely and free of damage.
9. Operate truck in compliance with safety regulations
10. Immediately report to Manager or Supervisor anything that occurs which may potentially jeopardize the ability to physically or legally operate a motor vehicle.
11. Immediately report to Manager or Supervisor all driving related incidents, including traffic citations, warnings, accidents or mechanical problems experienced on either private or public property, on or off the job.
12. Practice conservative, cautious and courteous operating habits.
13. Promote positive employee relations and morale whenever possible by practicing sound human relations principles to promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
14. Maintain a good flow of communication with all personnel.
15. Assure good operating condition of equipment and facilities. Advise the Manager or Supervisor of all breakdowns and maintenance needs immediately.
16. Make sure the area conditions do not threaten employee or customer safety. Respond to and follow proper procedures on employee and customer accidents, injuries and loss or damage to any property. Report all incidents to the Manager or Supervisor immediately.
17. Practice proper loss prevention and reaction procedures. Report all incidents properly and immediately to the Manager or Supervisor.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED preferred and wrecker/towing experience required. CDL license required. Must be at least 18 years of age, and possess a valid driver license. Must not be under the influence of any condition or substance that could distract or impair the ability to safely and efficiently operate a motor vehicle. Must submit to and pass controlled substance investigation and testing in accordance with company policy. Must be able to read English and/or comprehend motor vehicle traffic signs.
The physical activity requirements of the position are Heavy Physical Work. (Refer to Policy HR-200 for definitions)
Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision comparable to definitions for Mobile Equipment Operator Standard (Refer to Policy HR-200 for definitions)
Constant balancing, stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motions
Potential climbing, crawling
Physical Working Condition:
This position is subject to both inside and outside environmental working conditions, including temperature changes, outside weather conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, minor potential physical hazards, such as electrical, mechanical equipment and cleaning and pesticide chemicals; and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems, such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with car exhaust, internal and external service station/convenience food and petroleum dispensing operations.
KAR is an equal opportunity employer. KAR is a drug-free workplace.
Benefits : Be healthy, be prepared, save for tomorrow. Take a closer look at our benefits here.
Launch your career - Upload your resume now!Upload your resume
Loading some great jobs for you...