- Thompson Health
- $56,125.00 -104,060.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
A Licensed Practice nurse, working in conjunction with RN Care Managers and practice providers, to identify and proactively manage the care needs of high risk patients within the primary care practice setting.
The LPN Care Coordinator identifies all patients of Thompson's Family and Internal Medicine practices who are admitted to and discharged from local hospitals, Emergency Departments and Nursing Homes. Contacts specified patients to perform medication reconciliation (via phone or in person) within 48 hours of discharge, schedules office hospital follow-up appointments within five (5) days of discharge, collects all relevant inpatient or other documentation ensuring these are in place for morning huddles and identifies patients who could benefit from long term care coordination referring them onto the RN Care Managers. May re-contact patients who have \"no-showed\" for hospital follow up and other important appointments, if requested. Ensures all pieces are in place for providers to be able to properly bill for transitions management.
The LPN Care Coordinator also assists practices with population management, including ensuring proper documentation of health maintenance tests and services within the EMR, identifying gaps in care and working with patients to address these as needed.
Qualifications: (Licenses, Certifications)
* Current New York State Licensed Practical Nurse license required
* CPR certification
* Excellent communication skills and ability to form collaborative partnerships across all service settings.
* Working knowledge of the provision of health care in a variety of settings.
* Proficient in the use of Electronic Medical Records (EMR); ability to create reports on own
* Competent in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel).
* Effective oral and written communication skills, communicates information correctly.
* Self-directed, self-starter
* Accepts responsibility and follows through on projects and activities.
* Ability to assimilate new information and technologies into daily work.
* High school diploma
* Complies with annual Joint Commission and organizational competencies.
* Preferred Experience: 3- 5 years of clinical nursing experience, preferably with 3-5 years of community health experience, with the adult population.
* Electronic Medical Record experience required
* Highly organized and detail oriented
* Able to juggle multiple priorities while still being engaging to each individual patient.
Associated topics: hemodialysis, license, licensed, licensed practical, licensed vocational nurse, lpn, med surg, nurse i, practical, practical nurse lpn
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...