Educator will teach/implement childbirth preparation classes to increase awareness and knowledge to patients planning to give birth. Classes are ongoing and each series will be taught in full at the hospital. Instructor will be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Educator will keep up-to-date on changes in labor and delivery technology in order to keep program material current. Instructor performs a variety of tasks including the set up of the room and the clean up of the room post class. Instructor submits patient satisfaction surveys to the dept. for data analysis. Individual will report the need of materials when inventory is low. Instructor will attend quarterly meetings when held.
Required Job Specific Competencies:
* Demonstrates skill in the ability to communicate well with others and teach individuals of all levels * Able to articulate knowledge and understanding of the birthing process * Demonstrates excellent customer service skills and organizational skills * Demonstrates the ability to work independently and exhibit flexibility in decision making and prioritizing assignments * Demonstrates the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with other instructors * Actively guards the confidentiality of sensitive information including but not limited to the patients, staff and the health system * Lives the CARES values at all times.
* Mature, energetic, and creative individual demonstrating leadership qualities. * Previous demonstration of ability to provide quality health education in various settings * Willingness to become a certified childbirth educator (if not already)
* High School Diploma required (minimum formal education required to perform essential functions) * Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area.(Preferred)
* Must have excellent organizational and communication skills. * Knowledge of the birthing process and experience teaching individuals in classroom like setting * Basis knowledge of computers, TV/DVD players
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.