When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
Under the direction of the Manufacturing Supervisor, is responsible for inspection, assembly, and packing of products.
2nd Shift: 2:30 PM- 11:00 PM
What will you do?
How will you get here?
- Become familiar with product lines and all related visual defects in order to identify rejected parts.
- Visually inspects bottles retrieved from machines, conveyor lines or taken from bulk containers and makes quality decision on each part. Recognizes out-of-spec production and advises supervisor or set-up personnel.
- Perform 15-minute inspections of high volume production.
- Set up work area where applicable as a controlled environment where attire consists of hats, gloves, beard masks and coats.
- Perform housekeeping responsibilities necessary to maintain a clean environment necessary for the production of media bottles throughout the shift.
- Maintain necessary paperwork levels throughout the shift (i.e. 15-minute inspection form, MQC sheet) pertaining to the production of bottles.
- Work to established QC samples.
- Alert Supervisor/Team Lead or Set-up personnel when problems first begin.
- Adhere to all company and departmental work and safety rules.
- Able to operate any machine or operation in department assigned
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Must possess a High School diploma or a GED.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to perform simple math such as add, subtract whole numbers.
- Must have excellent hand/eye coordination skills, and the ability to lift and load pallets with weights up to 35 pounds.
What Thermo Fisher Offers to Employees:
- Ability to work in a high speed, repetitive production environment.
- Must be able to work well with others in a team environment.
- Able to adjust to changing operating conditions quickly and efficiently and vary pace as required.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits effective on first day of employment
- Paid Time Off Eligible to accrue up to 3 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), pro-rated based on start date
- Paid Holidays
- 401(K) Retirement Plan Company Matching Contribution up to 6%
- Shift Premium for 2nd and 3rd shift employees
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $22 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.