Director of Milieu Services
Compensation: $132,420.00 - $206,040.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
The Jewish Board is currently seeking a Milieu Director at our Ittleson RTF in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Residential Treatment Facility serves emotionally vulnerable adolescent youth ages 5-15 years old, who are challenged by trauma-related and psychiatric issues. The Ittleson RTF provides supervised living units and programs of therapeutic and educational services that emphasize family interaction and strengthening of community support networks. Members of the Milieu Department partner with other members of the team to ensure that youth and families drive the focus of their treatment and are full-time partners in their own healing and recovery. The treatment team supports youth and families in developing the skills to keep safe from abuse, neglect and maltreatment, and to foster and strengthen connection to their home and communities. Clinical programming infused into Milieu Treatment and individualized interventions reflect the program s commitment to culturally competent practice.
The Milieu Director at Ittleson RTH is responsible for the supervision and guidance of all milieu staff, ensuring that proper coverage is maintained, and that appropriate training is provided. As an integral part of the leadership team, the Milieu Director will ensure that all necessary therapeutic interventions determined by the clinical team are carried out.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring day-to-day operations in the program; Oversight of milieu treatment for the program, including identifying Milieu program needs, and developing/implementing solution based protocols; Ensuring that milieu staff implement clinical recommendations into the day-to-day residents' care
- Directly supervising/training all Team Leaders and Milieu, and tracking staff attendance; Ensuring appropriate coverage for all shifts
- Managing risk regarding client safety by adhering to all risk management protocols; Responding immediately/ effectively to crisis and models action oriented plans; Triaging of emerging critical incidents with relevant staff and ensuring that treatment planning for youth is carried out within the milieu and school
- Oversight of daily life routines (meals, bedtime, wake-up, laundry, etc.); Coordinating milieu/ maintenance/kitchen staff to ensure that practices are integrated into the residential environment
- Working collaboratively with senior administration/external stakeholders
- Creating/encouraging opportunities for staff professional development and growth
- Ensuring programmatic compliance with auditing standards and agency policies
- Actively participating in all relevant programmatic and clinical meetings
- Oversee the facility maintenance in the living areas; Establishing policies for group living, and milieu treatment
- May be regularly scheduled for weekend/night/evening administrative responsibility
- Other duties as assigned
- A Master s or Bachelor s Degree in related discipline required, with a minimum of three (3) years of experience in residential treatment, two (2) of which having been in a supervisory capacity; OR a High School degree, with minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a residential setting, with supervisory experience, AND with some credits towards, and committed to working towards an accredited college degree in a related field may be considered
- The Ability to lead and implement program development initiatives
- Strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Values and Demonstrates Cultural Competency
Associated topics: administrative, administrative assistant, administrative coordinator, administrative officer, administrative staff, assistant, beverage, document, operational support, support
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...