Portfolio Manager, Specialty Finance
Compensation: $153,865.00 - $153,865.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Loading some great jobs for you...
Are you highly motivated, detailed oriented and passionate about preparing for your career? Then we are looking for someone just like YOU
to join our team!
We look for people who can dream, think, create and grow. Our culture thrives on embracing and rewarding imagination and is characterized by an unwavering commitment to high achievement. We pride ourselves on sharing ideas, diversity of thought and embracing dedicated, talented and driven individuals who value honesty, integrity and go above and beyond. As we continue to grow we need YOU
to meet our demands for success.Why Us?
We have developed and executed differentiated strategies that are helping us thrive in a rapidly changing industry.
There is no shortage of talent we work hard to make Sterling an employer of choice.
None of the bureaucracy found in larger banks open door policy with all executives.One Dream, One Team, One Purpose, One Culture
Our Single Point of Contact model ensures every client and colleague feels valued and knows who to reach out to for specific guidance. Our purpose is to use the power of banking to move our company forward. We believe in a fair, ethical, and sustainable future one where everyone thrives on a compliant and level playing field.
We are a results-driven culture, with a keen focus on collaboration acceleration. We work hard, We win as a team, and We honor the diversity of skills brought by the collective.What s in it for YOU
We aim to help you figure out exactly where you see yourself in our business. Whatever your passion, we will support you in getting the skills necessary to make your mark.
Sterling National Bank is looking for a qualified individual to join its Lender Finance vertical, which is part of the Bank s Syndication and Lender Finance Group (SLFG) platform. The SLFG manages three verticals for the Bank; Syndication, Lender Finance, and Leveraged Lending. The SLFG is responsible for syndicating transactions, in which the Bank acts as a lead agent, to other lenders and originating and managing a portfolio of loans in the Lender Finance and Leveraged Loan space.
This position would primarily be dedicated to the Lender Finance vertical, although there may be crossover duties in the other two verticals. Within Lender Finance, this position would entail underwriting and monitoring a variety of warehouse lines and other financing facilities where Sterling lends to other non-bank lenders, such as funds and finance companies. These financings are comprised of transactions agented by other banks in which Sterling participates or smaller lines that are agented by Sterling that may, or may not, be syndicated.
Responsibilities for this position include reviewing new transactions to determine if they are appropriate with respect to Sterling s policies/strategy, and to prepare written credit underwriting memorandums in coordination with the SLFG team for presentation to management and credit committees. Strong credit, analytical skills, underwriting are required. Structuring experience and ability to do modeling is a plus. The SLFG is looking for a candidate that is detailed oriented, with strong interpersonal skills to interact with Bank s clients and senior management, along with the ability to manage multiple transactions simultaneously in a time sensitive manner.
Additionally, you will screen and evaluate new transactions opportunities that are sourced through agent banks and on the direct side to work with a variety of originators in sourcing direct transactions. Occasionally, you will actively call on these agent banks for new business and participate in all phases of due diligence: including review of potential borrower s presentations, financial statements, as well as developing financial models for, and review credit agreements and other loan documentation. Post-closing of these transactions, you will be initially assisting and eventually responsible for managing these transactions with respect to quarterly monitoring and credit reviews as well as assisting in any Bank regulatory compliance audits with respect to these transactions. Lastly, you will be responsible for managing the ongoing amendment processes for portfolio transactions, which are common, as clients businesses evolve in response to changing market conditions/trends.
- Underwriting- Analyze presentations, financial statements, underwriting capabilities and distinct types of collateral to evaluate appropriate advance rates, structure and minimum equity to assess appropriate borrowing base, debt service capacity and asset coverage. Work with the SLFG team in the origination, underwriting of new deals, perform stress analysis of structure and potential modeling of new deals. Develop written credit recommendations for presentation to management. Assist in review of loan documentation prior to funding and preparation of loans for boarding.
- Portfolio Management- Monitor performance of borrowers, evaluating and monitoring covenant and borrowing base compliance and financial and industry trends, identifying problem credits. Set up credit files for compliance monitoring trend analysis and risk ratings on an ongoing basis. Prepare and actively participate in periodic Credit Reviews with Senior Management with the goal of reporting on borrower financial performance to underwritten expectations, key collateral trends, reevaluate the appropriateness of SNB s designated risk ratings, and other risk management and relationship issues of importance. Identify negative trends in existing deals and highlight problem areas to address in existing portfolio.
- Relationship development - On-going client relationship development and maintenance including client on-site visits where appropriate, periodic client telephone visits, and utilization of available opportunities to be aware of opportunities for SNB to expand its role with those clients designated as Strategic or Priority .
- Regulatory Compliance- Assist where needed in all audits performed by ODCC, FDIC, outside and third party auditors where needed to ensure all transactions that are being booked and monitored by the groups stay in regulatory compliance.
- SLFG Policies and Procedures- Work where requested to update and keep current all of the SLFG policies and procedures related to Lender Finance.
- Prepare confidential information Memorandum s ( CIM ) and other transaction summary material including modeling and sensitivity analysis where necessary to package the transaction that are Sterling agented deals for the respective lender base as directed by the SMD.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
Who We Want
- For this position, you should have at least 5 years of Commercial Lending and Portfolio Management experience.
- Experience working in the Lender Finance, structured finance or securitization field preferred.
- Formal credit training is preferred, however, previous portfolio management experience with strong demonstrated credit skills is a potential substitute for formal credit training
- Undergraduate degree is required, but candidates with advanced degrees (MBA or Master s) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to structure, negotiate and close lending arrangements and to work on multiple transactions in a time sensitive manner.
- Strong demonstrated credit, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding analytical skills and strong computer competency with common application software (Word, Excel) and in-depth modeling skills are a must.
- Ability to anticipate both client and internal SNB needs are important as well as the ability to recommend solutions to unusual situations.
At Sterling National Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Sterling National Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
**All Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for any position and we will not consider F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders for employment opportunities.**
All offers for employment with Sterling National Bank are contingent on successful completion of background investigation, including drug and fingerprint screening.
Associated topics: actuarial, actuarial analyst, actuarial consultant, actuarial director, actuary, analyst, cost, life actuary, mathmatics, model
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...