What Perry s Ice Cream is all about
We support the production of safe, high-quality products, and team member safety is number one! We are a fourth generation family owned company that began in 1918. H. Morton Perry started a tradition of quality by making the finest ice cream. That tradition of quality transfers to everything Perry s Ice Cream does, including recruiting the highest quality team members who bring hard work and creative ideas to the table. We believe in our team members successes and provide a rewarding and supportive environment for them to excel in. From the Perry s Ice Cream family to your family, our social mission is to serve our communities by working to provide programs that sweeten the quality of life.
What this job looks like
- Working with and talking about ice cream most of your day. How cool is that!
- Providing delivery, merchandising, and sales of products in and around the Western New York area.
- As a DSD Driver you will start your day between 4am & 5am to drive a freezer truck for up to 12 hours in a day to deliver ice cream and other partner brand products to various types of accounts such as: convenience stores; drug stores; supermarkets; and independent grocery stores. [This position requires 1-2 layovers per week with a meal allowance. But hey, generally no weekend work!]
- Further the presence of Perry s Ice Cream by introducing new products and merchandising current inventory to maximize attractiveness to the customer.
- One cool thing you will do, okay really cold thing you will do is work in store freezers and the back of the freezer truck to stock shelves, organize back stock, and pull product, but fear not, we provide gloves and uniforms shirts to support your safety.
- Build excellent relationships with store managers, key store personnel, and potential customers within account over the whole team.
- Work with a team to ensure outstanding execution with at each account by proactively communicating with both internal and external customers.
What we have to offer
Ice Cream!!! But besides that delicious benefit! This is an hourly position. The schedule is generally a Monday through Friday. Additionally, we offer other sweet benefits for regular full-time team members!
What an amazing candidate looks like
- CDL Class B license required - training provided for non-CDL candidates
- 1-2 years route delivery/sales experience preferred;
- Retail / frozen food sales, merchandising, and execution experience is a plus;
- Familiarity with the supermarket, convenience store, and drug store channels;
- Physical ability to consistently and repetitively lift & carry up to 75 pounds, bend, and twist while merchandising products, and ability to push & pull a store dolly loaded with up to approximately 100 500 pounds of product. Additionally, be able to work in a cold environment, such as a walk in freezer with a temperature of -10 to -20 F;
- Accountability to exercise safe behavior;
- Flexibility to work irregular schedule including layover;
- Good communication skills;
- Passion for customer service and a positive attitude to represent yourself and Perry s in the highest quality; and
- High integrity and commitment to teamwork
Perry's Ice Cream is an Equal Opportunity Employer and drug free facility.
Associated topics: cdl a driver, cdl a truck, chofer clase a comercial, company driver, company driver solo, company over the road, company truck driver, dedicated regional, dry van otr trucking, otr driving
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...