- Old Dominion Freight Line
- $48,460.00 -72,040.00/year*
717 Sacandaga Rd
Old Dominion Freight Line is currently recruiting for a Local Pickup & Delivery Driver or City Driver. Our P & D Driver will successfully operate various tractor-trailer combinations between company terminals and customer facilities or work sites within the terminal's geographic service area. Truck drivers also sort, handle, load, and/or unload freight at various companies and customer locations.P & D Drivers are critical members of our OD Family; they help to accurately deliver and pick up our customer's freight. Allowing OD to help keep our promises.
- Operate vehicle safely within DOT regulations that govern safe driving, hours of service, inspection, maintenance, and transportation of hazardous materials.
- Transport self and/or freight continuously throughout the service center on non-forgiving surfaces.
- Read and interpret shipping labels. Familiarity with, and in some cases ability to complete the various forms utilized in freight movement such as shipping orders, city stripping manifests, freight bills, overage/damage movement reports and exception forms.
- Be available for work at all times in order to meet customer pickup and delivery schedules.
- High School Degree or equivalent preferred
- Must have the ability to read, write, speak English and perform simple mathematical calculations with general mental abilities to handle receipts, read maps, road signs, maintain logs, etc.
- Must possess a valid commercial driver's license with hazmat, doubles and tanker endorsements.
- Must have 12 months previous tractor-trailer driving experience and/or be a graduate of a State Certified, Licensed and Safety Department approved driving school, and/or have satisfactorily completed the Old Dominion Truck Driver Training school
- Must be at least 22 years old.
Join the OD Family Today!
As a Full Time member of our Family, you are eligible to receive:
- Health, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 401(k) retirement Plan
- Wellness Program
- Employee credit Union, Vacation & Holiday
- Birthday Holiday who doesn t love some extra attention on their Birthday?
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, and/or gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, Vietnam Era and/or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law(s).
Associated topics: cdl a, cdl a truck, choferes clase a, company driving, company otr, company truck driver, dedicated truck driving, flatbed driver, over the road company, regional driving
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...