Operating Room nurses provide care to patients before, during and after surgical procedures. An Operating Room nurse is a member of a medical team of professionals working together to complete a successful surgical operation. The operating room nurse conducts a pre-surgery interview with the patient so they are made aware of any potential problems and to help construct a plan for surgery. Operating room nurses are the main line of communication between the patient and their family and the operating physician. The operating room nurse educates and ensures patients and families about the procedure they are about to undergo. During the surgery itself the operating room nurse will assist the operating physician in the procedure, monitor the patients vital signs and maintain a sterile environment. After the surgery is complete the operating room nurse will continue to assist the patient with their recovery by administering medicine for pain relief, cleaning and dressing wounds, monitoring vital signs and the healing process. They will teach the patient how to care for themselves after they leave the hospital.Duties and Responsibilities:Accountability
Must practice in accordance with the standard of nursing practice at all times.Individual client job descriptions with units specific requirements and instructions are generally available at each facility. Nurses are expected to review these upon assignment.Required Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- A minimum of one-year current experience (within a year) as an R.N. in the specialty they are applying for.
- Current active Registered Nurse license in the state of assignment without disciplinary action.
- Must maintain a current American Heart Association BLS(ACLS, NRP, PALS if applicable)
- Must pass all prerequisite screening requirements (testing, medical and criminal, etc).
- Interpersonal and communication skills/ team player.
- Maintain professional level of conduct as per hospital policy and Nurses24/7 code of conduct.
- Premium Pay !!!
- Daily Pay Available (Direct Deposit or Cash Card)
- Weekly Pay (Direct Deposit or Check)
- Per Diem, Local Short and Long term Contracts and Travel
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- View your Schedule, Payroll and Add Availability Online
- Unlimited Referral Bonuses
- Other Bonus Programs
- Free CEUs
- Professional and General Liability Coverage Reimbursement
- Exceptional Customer Service (available 24 hours)
- Full Time Clinical Director
- Corporate Furnished Housing / Lodging Per-Diem (For those who qualify)
- Travel Expense Allowance (For those who qualify)
- Meals and Incidentals Allowance (For those who qualify)
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, ccu, domiciliary, infusion, mhb, nurse clinical, recovery, registed, surgical, transitional