Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. Department Profile:
The Financial Control Group (FCG) is responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial and regulatory reporting for the Firm. FCG prepares external financial reports for public filings and regulators. For internal reporting FCG, along with Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA), summarizes, plans and forecasts the organization's financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future revenues, expenses and earnings. FCG is comprised of Business Unit Controllers, Infrastructure Controllers, Accounting, Regulatory and Reporting groups, and Valuation Review. Job Summary:
The Regulatory Reporting team is responsible for ensuring the firm is in compliance with various broker-dealer regulatory rules and regulations. This includes the monthly preparation and submission of the Financial and Operational Combined Uniform Single Report (FOCUS Report) as well as four daily
15c3-3 customer reserve calculations. The team works closely with many areas of the firm, including but not limited to Operations, Reconciliations, Legal Entity Controllers, Product Controllers, Business Units, Financing Desks, etc. Responsibilities:
- Analyze all aspects of the daily 15c3-3 customer reserve computations for the U.S. Broker-Dealers.
- Perform and analyze various month-end calculations pertaining to 15c3-1 capital charges.
- Assist in preparation of the monthly focus reporting package
- Effectively lead monthly FOCUS review meetings to include presenting variance analysis to senior management
- Perform ad-hoc projects related to improvements of the 15c3-3 and 15c3-1 calculations and reporting.
- Assist in examinations from regulators (SEC, FINRA, CFTC and other regulatory agencies), internal and external audits
- Address questions from Business Unit Controllers, Regulators and other members of the firm.
- Liaise with the Operations groups and Finance groups to gain understanding of the drivers of the computations. Qualifications: Skills required:
- A Bachelor degree in accounting or finance and two to five years of experience at a public accounting or financial services firm is required.
- A CPA or MBA and experience in a broker dealer regulatory environment is preferable.
- The individual should possess good communication skills, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to work under stringent deadlines.
- The individual should have strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently.
- The position requires an understanding of accounting principles of a financial services firm as well as strong Excel skills. Skills Desired:
- Previous experience working with the regulatory requirements of SEA
Rule 15c33 and SEA Rule 15c31
Legal Entity Controller