Completes activities related to larger and/or more complex installations, configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. Ensures system hardware, operating systems, software systems and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff and partners.Primary Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Required:
- Respond to and resolve to help desk escalations based on outcome of previous incidents.
- Create trending information of system issues to supports efforts to address identified issues from the analysis.
- Create and document procedures for work order and request-based tasks.
- Respond to and resolve identified technical incidents requiring advanced problem-solving; analyze and isolate the issues.
- Use advanced diagnostic tools to troubleshoot issues.
- Complete systems maintenance activities following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), such as patching, health checks, operating system updates, validating changes and maintaining operational and configuration standards. Research options when anomalies occur; identify recommendations to address them and review with senior staff
- Schedule maintenance changes to reduce operational risk.
- Participate in project work in cross-functional teams; lead technical team within a project and provide input to design efforts.
- Provide coaching to less experienced staff on processes and technologies.
- Complete evening responsibilities as scheduled.
- Initiate, create and document procedures for maintenance tasks and other needs to serve as a reference source.
- Identify opportunities to automate or improve SOP and maintenance tasks to improve efficiency.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Minimum of 6 years' higher education and/or work experience
Prior experience reading and digesting technical information
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Prior experience communicating technical information within a team and to immediate manager
Strong customer focus, including ability to manage customer needs and multiple work prioritiesEducation and Experience Preferred:
Bachelor's degree in technology-related field
Minimum of 7 years' higher education and/or work experience
Certifications or special training in related technologies