Compensation: $115,530.00 - $170,900.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
The person in this position writes real-time software in an exciting division of a large technology company. The software controls industrial food processing equipment including an x-ray/image-processing product with machine vision for image processing/object recognition. We have business initiatives in IoT and big data. Works in a small tight group where the responsibilities are broad and the expectations are high. We re looking for a flexible, self-motivated candidate who can analyze problems, formulate and execute commercially successful solutions; interface well with customers and has plenty of common sense. The position embraces the Lean Enterprise strategy and adheres to all safety policies.
- Software design and layout on a multi-core, multi-threaded embedded Windows PC. Write system software and implement algorithms using C/C++ and third-party packages.
- Support C# based HMI/GUI and create utilities as needed.
- Support IoT development efforts
- Software testing. Develop testing strategies using frameworks such as Python or Google Test. Build test harnesses
- Occasional travel to customer sites, remote company facilities, etc. to troubleshoot and resolve application-related issues/problems.
- Contacts other resources as needed to resolve issue/problem.
- Works with Aftermarkets on any necessary ECR driven by issues identified in the field.
- From time to time may trains customer in proper machine systems maintenance and operation of the entire Wolf-tec and X-ray product lines.
- May create training aids for customers and fellow employees. Documents findings that improve quality and/or efficiency.
- Takes training courses as required staying current with new technology and OSHA safety standards
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QualificationsKnowledge and Skills:
Bachelor s or master s degree in computer science or related technical field.
Ability to program C++/C# in a multi-threaded real-time environment
Experience coding signal/image processing algorithms.
Knowledge of PLC programming preferred.
Familiarity with unit testing frameworks is preferred.
Effective communicator in writing and orally.
Customer friendly personality.
2-5 years minimum work experience in C/C++ programming. Broad software engineering experience is required, from overall system architecture to module design. Must have experience in:
- Implementing machine vision (image processing, computer vision) algorithms
- Industrial controls (motion control, data acquisition, assorted interfaces)
- Real-time Programming
- GUI/HMI design
Time is split between travel, customer facililities, and manufacturing environments.Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk. Uses hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.BENEFITS
JBT Corporation offers the growth potential of a company with a developing technology that is unique in its field, plus frequent company-sponsored events and a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage and 401(k) plan.AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to www.careeronestop.org
You may also call Megan Centers at 844-###-#### if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.
Associated topics: .net, application, back end, developer, java, matlab, programming, software development engineer, software engineer, software programmer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...