Albany Region - Become SMQT Certified!
Based in the NYSDOH office located on Central Avenue in Albany, NY, this individual will assist the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH), Office of Primary Care and Health Systems Management Center for Health Care Provider Services and Oversight, with surveillance and investigation activities related to nursing homes. These activities are mandated to evaluate facility performance and monitor the quality of care and services provided. S/he will participate in performing annual certification, recertification, state monitoring and off hour surveys at nursing homes; investigating all allegations of abuse, neglect, etc.; prepare written reports of investigative findings and prepare Statement of Deficiencies; participate in emergency surveys at Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF s); participate in State monitoring during Immediate Jeopardy situations; as well as other duties.
This position will cover facilities in Albany, Delaware, Fulton, Montgomery, Saratoga, Warren, Clinton, Essex, Greene, Otsego, Schenectady, Washington, Columbia, Franklin, Hamilton, Rensselaer & Schoharie counties.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate positive customer satisfaction in situations that are adverse or in controversy.
- The ability to successfully work independently with minimal supervision, as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills with the ability to relate effectively to providers, physicians, senior medical and administrative personnel, and residents/patients.
- Superior investigative and analytical skills with a proficiency in conducting interviews with facility staff, residents and families.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to learn new programs.
- The ability to obtain Surveyor Minimum Qualifications Test (SMQT) certification within 12 months of employment, required.
- Ability to travel to on-site facility review assignments, required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- NYS Licensed, Registered Nurse, required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in performing utilization review, claims adjudication, medical review, fraud investigation, surveillance or monitoring activities, required; OR
- Three (3) years of clinical or administrative experience, required; OR
- A Bachelor s degree in nursing and two (2) years of clinical or administrative experience, required.
- SMQT Certification, preferred.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Please see above.
Associated topics: crime scene, detective, fingerprint, inspector, investigate, investigation, investigative, investigator