Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Queens, NY- Locums/Travel (Lockport)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Clinical Manager/Admin opening in , New York. This and other lpn/lvn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com
HumanEdge is looking to hire an LPN/License Practical Nurse to work in a PACE Program providing skilled nursing services in the Direct Treatment Day Center.
Licensed Practical Nurse/LPN Responsibilities
- Administers basic nursing care to selected patients under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Administers direct general nursing care to Nursing Home patients in an assigned area under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Participates with the Registered Nurse in planning and coordinating patient care.
- Follows the direction and guidance of the Registered Nurse in implementing nursing process in order to help persons coping with health problems and brings to the attention of the Registered Nurse the possible need for a change in these plans.
- Reports and records results of nursing care and makes all significant information known immediately to the Registered Nurse.
- Performs treatments and procedures as assigned by a Registered Nurse.
- Has the ability to establish good interpersonal relations with patients, families, and Nursing Home personnel.
- Has knowledge of usual dosages, side effects and reactions to medications patients are receiving, and is able to administer oral, subcutaneous and intramuscular medications. Also, shares responsibility with team members in evaluating effectiveness of patient care and contributes to its improvement.
- When requested to perform in the capacity of Charge Nurse, is responsible for the nursing administration of the neighborhood under the direction of the supervising Registered Nurse/Neighborhood Director/Manager.
- Assumes responsibility for personal and vocational growth and development.
- Observes the nutritional needs of residents/patients.
- Actively participates at mealtime by observing and feeding residents/patients.
- Endorses, interprets and enforces the objectives and procedures of Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation and the Nursing Department.
- Observes, records and reports to the appropriate person, general, physical, and mental conditions of residents/patients and signs and symptoms which may be indicative of change.
- Maintains quality of resident/patient care for assigned Neighborhood and shift.
- Assists in the orientation of new personnel, students and volunteers. Conducts on-the-spot teaching and evaluation, making necessary referrals to Inservice Education.
- Completes records, reports and files as designated in an accurate and concise manner.
- Ensures the safe and proper use of all equipment and supplies on the neighborhood.
- Extends courtesy to all neighborhood visitors and assists them to contribute to the emotional needs of all residents/patients.
- Contributes to the performance evaluation process by conveying to the Head Nurse observations and assessments of staff performance.
- Performs any other duties as required when requested by the Director for Clinical Services/designee.
- Weekend schedule is required.
Licensed Practical Nurse/LPN Requirements
- Education: Graduate of a State approved and accredited School of Nursing.
- Experience: 1 2 years experience in Nursing Home or Hospital setting
- License/Registration: Currently licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse in New York State.
- Other: Demonstrates initiative, judgment and dependability.
- Good verbal and written skills.
We re a full-service staffing firm with the unlimited reach, personal touch and trusted, long-term relationships to make great matches for candidates and clients alike. We recruit and recommend across a range of industries and at all levels of experience and have for more than 30 years. Our approach is simple. We dedicate energy, enthusiasm, know-how and integrity to the process, from finding and vetting to placing. Candidates receive ongoing support and guidance as we work to present them with solid opportunities.
Lpn , community health, Homecare, homecare, home health, geriatric, geriatrics, elderly, Healthcare, health care, long term care, travel nursing, board of nursing, lvn, nursing jobs, licensed practical nurse, practical nursing, skilled nursing public health nurse, vocational nurse, nurse staffing agency, licensed vocational nurse, lpn verification, community nursing,
Keyphrases: clinical manager jobs, clinical managing jobs, clinical administration jobs, clinical administrating jobs, clinical administrator jobs, medical administrating jobs, medical administrator jobs, medical manager jobs, medical managing jobs, hospital administrating jobs, hospital administrator jobs, health administrating jobs, health administrator jobs, healthcare administrating jobs, clinical management jobs, clinical research manager jobs, clinical study manager jobs, clinical trial manager jobs, clinical study management jobs, clinical trial management jobs, clinical nurse management jobs, clinical project manager jobs, clinical project management jobs, manager jobs
Associated topics: certified nurse midwife, certified nursing assistant, clinic, community, english, family, gerontological nurse practitioner, gyn, prn, specialist
Loading some great jobs for you...