At First Republic,we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Duties and Responsibilities
What you’ll do as a Senior Appraisal Review Specialist:
- Employees are expected to review, analyze and render risk-based decisions for acceptance of appraisal valuations. Appraisal reviews are to be made in a responsive, accurate and timely manner. Appraisal reviews are to be completed to Bank’s minimum appraisal and evaluation standards and all appropriate regulatory guidelines. Other duties may be required and assigned
- Perform detailed technical and compliance reviews on residential real estate appraisals and evaluations.
- Ensure that valuations are reasonably supported, credible and compliant with federal and state regulations, USPAP, FIRREA, bank policies and guidelines, and industry standards.
- Communicate with appraisers for any report corrections and/or revisions.
- Evaluate appraiser quality of work and provide feedback for maintenance of the Bank’s appraisal panel.
- Engage in regular communications and serve as an advisor to Relationship Managers and Executive Loan Committee on appraisal topics in the Bank’s core markets.
- Keep detailed schedules of appraisal/evaluation reports received and reviewed.
- Provide support to all areas of real estate lending as directed or where service is needed; demonstrate superior customer service with appropriate follow through with involved appraisers and employees.
- Attend ongoing training for Real Estate Appraisal and Real Estate Appraisal Reviews.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics or related field.
- Residential Licensed or Certified Appraiser issued from the California Bureau of Real Estate Appraisers or 4 years of experience in Mortgage underwriting preferred.
- Familiarity with residential Real Estate Appraisal Report Forms and Terminology and the appropriate application of appraisal valuation techniques, appraisal methodology and understanding of appraisal theory.
- Knowledge of residential mortgage operations.
- Ability to follow the Bank’s policies and procedures as well as all state and federal banking regulations.
- Attention to detail for the identification of Errors and Omissions.
- Ability to deal with difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Must be able to successfully prioritize work assignments of varying complexities, track progress of said assignments, demonstrate strong organizational skills and complete work within established deadlines.
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Ability to work the allocated hours of the position.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and professional working relationships.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate and concise records and reports.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to independently lift 15 lbs.
- Position requires sitting for most of the day, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Must successfully pass criminal background check.
- Must successfully pass credit background check.
Own your work and your career – apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...