- Finger Lakes Community College
Education - Excluding Post Secondary
The Professional Tutor is responsible for one-on-one and small group instruction with students. S/He will help maintain student records, as well as cumulative records on Center usage. The Professional Tutor will also design and deliver writing workshops for multiple audiences.
This is an hourly, part-time position.
A. Educational Background: Associates degree required, Bachelors or Masters degree preferred.
B. Experience: Experience in the tutoring of writing at a high school or college level. Proven experience with creating publications preferred.
2. Essential Functions:
* Provide direct instructional assistance to students individually and/or in small groups.
* Help with the organization and presentation of seminars and workshops that will assist students with academic writing concerns.
* Market the services of the Write Place
* Attend staff meetings.
* Maintain online tutor presence, as needed.
* Maintain and record student and usage records as needed; compile data on semester basis.
* Report to the Coordinator of the Write Place.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Applicants interested in applying MUST submit the following documents via online:
* Cover letter and
* Contact information for three professional references.
Applications will only be accepted online.
Address your online cover letter & resume to:
Grace Loomis, Director of Human Resources.
Finger Lakes Community College does not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, student or applicant for admission based on an individuals race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identification, gender expression, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction or any other category protected by law. The College adheres to all federal and state civil rights laws prohibiting discrimination in public institutions of higher education.
Associated topics: child care, driver, driving school, gymnastics, lsat, muse, shooting, summer, tutor, weekend
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...