As an FBI Special Agent with Linguistics/Foreign Language expertise, you'll have a career like no other. You may have been raised speaking a language other than English, taught it for a few years or even participated in intensive learning before going overseas to use it. You know that your language skills can make a difference, whether your specialty is Arabic, Bosnian, Chinese, Farsi, Russian, Spanish, Somali, Uzbek Korean, Portuguese or another foreign language.
We need Special Agents with a wide range of education, backgrounds, languages and other specialized skills in order to get ahead of threats. As a Special Agent with foreign language skills, you may be asked to translate audio or written materials in a foreign language into English, interpret during a crucial interview or provide cultural expertise relating to an investigation.
You will use your cultural and linguistic acumen to tackle some of society's toughest challenges. Your ultimate mission: to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the United States.
Whether you are currently working in the public sector, at a large corporation or at a small private company, we need your experience! We're looking for proficiency in all languages and dialects.
Being a Special Agent can be a lifelong career of uncommon days and amazing experiences.
What you'll need to succeed:
* Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
* Written and verbal proficiency in a language or languages other than English and the ability to communicate clearly in English with colleagues both internally and externally.
* Be detail-oriented, yet keep a strategic focus.
* Ability to objectively evaluate information and make sound judgments.
* BA/BS degree (preferably in linguistics or language).
* Native/fluent experience in a particular language and culture.
* Honesty and integrity must be the foundation of who you are.
* Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
* The drive to make a difference in the communities you serve.
All applicants are evaluated on core competencies of collaboration, communication, flexibility/adaptability, initiative, interpersonal ability, leadership, organizing/planning and problem solving/judgment.
The FBI Special Agent position requires significant commitment and dedication from you and your family, but it's an experience you will never forget. As a Special Agent, you will join an elite team of people committed to the highest standards. Our team has a mission like no other, and our people are sought after as some of the best in their fields. It's no wonder so many corporations appoint FBI alumni in distinguished roles.
* Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th birthday on appointment.
* Must have a bachelor's degree or master's degree from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
* Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see work experience waiver for exceptions).
* Meet the FBI's Employment Eligibility requirements.
* Possess a valid driver's license with at least six months driving experience.
* Meet all FBI physical requirements, be physically fit to complete training at the FBI Academy in Quantico, VA, and maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
* Commit to serving as a Special Agent for a minimum of three years.
* Successfully complete approximately 20 weeks of employment as a Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy.
* Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include odd hours, and be on call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
* Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search warrants, raids and similar assignments.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...