A hospital we have worked with for many years in New York is in search of a Cardiac Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join their team in an in-patient environment right away. You will be working with a rather large Structural Heart Program. Performing stress tests, admissions, discharges & consults. Managing adult in-patients only. The Advanced Practitioner will be working with another mid-level during the week and is usually solo on the weekends and holidays. This position rounds with the non-teaching cardiologist on call, they perform admissions, discharges, and consults. The mid-level will need to do PCI checks on patients seen in Cath that day and assure correct orders are written for inpatients scheduled for procedure the next day. On Sundays from 8 am - 12 pm, the mid-level performs stress tests to assist in expediting discharges. The position responds to the Cath Lab during STEMI activation as provider coverage until the cardiology arrives. The position responds to emergency situations on the units and collaborates with other providers for patient care needs. To be successful in this role. It is preferable that the Advanced Practitioner also have experience performing stress testing; this is done on Sunday mornings from 8a-12n, in an effort to expedite discharge. Department service provides coverage from 5pm-7am M-F and 24 hours on weekend and holidays. We have a rather large Structural Heart program at AMC, this position will come in contact with these patients. We also do routine caths, PCI, and we are a STEMI receiving hospital. We have a moderate size EP program and do all ranges of procedures. We transfer a significant number of patients in (15K/year-not all cardiology), as we are the largest and only teaching hospital in the area. The position may interact with the Hospitalists if the patient has cardiology on consult, rather than as the primary admitter. Easy train ride from NYC or Boston. Local ski areas and and hour from Vermont if skiing is your passion! The area gets less snow each year (the rest of NY averages 110' per year). They maybe saw about 20' last year. Getting around is easy. The hospital is newer. Safe community. Some of our feedback from our other providers who have also helped with the facility is that the hospital has great equipment and a nice staff! Please contact a CompHealth Representative about the potential short term opportunity today.
- To be successful in this role, you will need to have experience with in-patient Cardiology.
- Performing stress tests, admissions, discharges & consults. Managing adult in-patients only.
- The position rounds with the non-teaching Cardiologist on call. May interact with the Hospitalists.
- PCI checks on patients seen in Cath and assure correct orders are written for next day procedures.
- Responds to the Cath Lab during STEMI activiation as provider coverage until Cardiologist arrives.
- NP/PA will need to have NY license, BLS and ACLS.
- Coverage needed for mid-January for at least 5-6 months.
- Will work 3-12 hour shifts each week. Person you are covering usually works 24 hrs Sun & Mon 7p-7a.
- We provide complimentary housing and travel
- We arrange and cover costs for licensing and malpractice
- We simplify the credentialing and privileging process
- We provide first day medical insurance and 401(K) match
- Your personal recruiter handles every detail, 24/7
Associated topics: adult nurse practioner, assessments, care nurse, cna, english, fnp, neighborcare, nurse practitioner, physician assistant, rnp