Payroll Team Lead
Compensation: $75,730.00 - $120,660.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
JOB OBJECTIVE Under the supervision of the Director of Payroll and in cooperation with all other agency personnel; the Payroll Team Lead-NYC is responsible for overseeing the NYC payroll team alongside the Payroll Processor and performing administrative functions.
- Directly supervises Payroll Practitioners
- Maintains production records, timesheets, PTO accruals and the payroll system
- Ensure accurate and complete timecards for preparation of payroll processing, including verification of supervisor approvals and supplemental earning entries
- Prepare periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions
- Facilitate Payroll trainings
- Exercise judgment to work with Payroll Processor to plan and on occasion process the agency s bi-weekly payroll; Includes investigating paycheck errors, creating manual checks & voids/reversals, imputed income, payroll deductions, 401k transactions
- Assist employees with access to payroll and time keeping software
- Attend required training
- Read required books
- Responsible for complying with rules and regulations governing access to Protected Health Information under HIPAA. Access to Protected Health Information is limited to the extent required to perform responsibilities effectively and efficiently. No access will be permitted unnecessarily. These essential job functions dictate the level of access, use, and disclosure of confidential information
- Perform other duties as requested by your immediate supervisor or the Chief Executive Officer
- Associates Degree preferred with concentration in Accounting or related degree or 2 years relevant experience processing payroll with working knowledge of multistate Labor Laws and Fair Labor Standards Act
- 1 year personnel management experience required
- Highly proficient in MS Office and web-based HRIS systems. Working knowledge of Paylocity is preferred
- Experience with high volume union/non-union payroll employees
- Experience with administration of 401K benefits
- Excellent organizational skills. Must be able to complete tasks independently
- Excellent attention to detail typing skills/numerical ability/data entry
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and ability to work in a flexible team context
- Must have ability to not only understand but be able to explain paycheck information and calculation methods to supervisors and staff
- Demonstrate ability to perform duties with minimal supervision and to exercise judgment
- Ability to handle confidential material in a responsible manner
- Ability to travel to all agency locations as required
- Word processing: Including responding to e-mails, composing letters, completing computerized documentation, transcribing minutes for meetings, etc.: This involves sitting at a computer for a minimum of 5 hours and could be up to 7 hours a day depending on program needs
- Lifting of Agency file books weighing approximately 6-8 lbs. each - 5 inch binders
- Completing paperwork Such as copying, stapling as needed
- Answering phones, processing mail, filing, lifting packages as needed
- Walking up/down stairs
HOURS PER WEEK: Non-exempt
- Regular hours entail 9:00am 5:00pm.Monday Friday. Must be flexible to meet program needs.
As a benefits-eligible position, available benefits include medical, dental, vision, FSA, supplemental life insurance, critical illness, enhanced short-term disability, hospital indemnity and 401k benefits.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing.
Associated topics: benefit analyst, benefit consultant, benefit specialist, bonus, compensation specialist, payroll, payroll consultant, payroll specialist, pension, welfare
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...