- Baker Victory Services
- $66,735.00 -162,260.00/year*
Education - Excluding Post Secondary
130 Rapin Pl
* - Education
St. John's Parkside
Buffalo, NY, USA
A Teacher Aide helps the Special Education Teacher in providing quality education in a language- enriched environment. The Teacher Aide supports the teacher by following his/her lead to teach life skills, socialization skills, and pre-academics to children ages 6 weeks to 5 years and helps them attain their highest level of personal achievement.
**Essential Job Duties:**
1. Follows classroom lesson plans (under teacher supervision) and assists with goals established with the team.
2. Participates in the regularly scheduled meetings with the teacher/team/supervisor (ie: team meetings, supervision meetings, full faculty meetings and staff development trainings, etc.).
3. Prepares any materials needed for the classrooms (ie: educational materials to use during lessons, art projects, cooking lessons, etc.)
4. Assists with behavior management programs that are implemented for the class and specific to individual students needs.
5. Assists teacher in keeping the classroom space organized and clean.
6. Assists teacher in any record keeping tasks (ie: attendance, goal tracking, injury reports, etc.)
7. Performs all other job-related duties as assigned by classroom teacher and/or supervisor
8. Follows all safety regulations set forth by BVS, OCFS, and NYSED (in regards to supervision, safety, cleaning, classroom maintenance, etc.)
9. Any other duty as assigned by your supervisor.
** Education:** High School Diploma or G.E.D equivalent _required_
** Experience****:** 1 year in Early Childhood or related field_ preferred_
The overall nature of the position is sedentary requiring little physical effort with occasional light physical exertion required. There is little, if any, exposure to environmental conditions
* The _frequent_ physical demands of the position are standing, walking, sitting, climbing, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, and eye/hand/foot coordination.
* The _occasional_ physical demands of the position are lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, balancing, stooping, crouching, reaching, handling, grasping, and feeling
*Posted:* July 31, 2019
Associated topics: assistant preschool teacher, baby, child, child care, early childhood, early education, kindergarten, pre kindergarten, preschool, toddler teacher
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...