ARA Greek Kitchen & Bar is Seeking Sous Chefs!
ARA Greek Kitchen & Bar is a contemporary casual Greek concept in Commack, NY and we are looking for strong Sous Chefs to help us with this new 200-seat full service restaurant. Our ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, open availability, a drive to succeed and a sense of humor. We re seeking individuals who have a proven track record of great food and even greater leadership and is able to work well with others, all while remaining motivated, energetic and passionate about what we do.
Skills & Requirements
- A minimum of 2-5 years experience working as a Chef de Cuisine, Sous Chef, or Lead Line Cook in a fast paced, high volume kitchen.
- Schedules and coordinates the of line cooks, prep cooks, and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals.
- In depth knowledge of kitchen operations, food and cooking techniques.
- Exceptional leadership, organization, communication, and relationship skills.
- Proven ability to think critically and make sound decisions in a high-pressure work environment.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills, and the ability to multitask.
- A great understanding of restaurant finance, and the ability to operate within budgets for COGS and labor, and general expense control/overview.
- A desire to exceed guest expectations.
- Experience with training, coaching and customer service.
- Possess a ServSafe Food Handler's Food Protection Manager Certification.
- Prior experience with Greek & Mediterranean cuisine is a big PLUS!
- Culinary education is a PLUS.
- Supervise the preparation and execution of food items.
- Control and minimize waste and theft.
- Select, train, and monitor all BOH employees
- Ensure the kitchen is prepared and A ready at all times for health inspections.
- Manage hourly kitchen staff through scheduling, payroll, hiring, training and coaching.
- Expedite during service.
- Calculate food cost and labor cost.
- Develops policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updates written policies and procedures to reflect state-of-the-art techniques, equipment and terminology.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Create and execute specials for service.
- Monitor food production, ordering, costing, consistency, and quality.
- Attend financial meetings with management team and executive teams. Address any opportunities with a sense of urgency.
- Actively work with purveyors to build and maintain relationships and retain competitive pricing.
- Lead pre-shift meetings with FOH team and oversee culinary staff education.
- Inspire excellence, and build camaraderie and team morale.
- Abide by and uphold company policies and standards, as well as state sanitations/health regulations.
- Ensure and maintain safe and secure working conditions/environment, and ensure the cleanliness and sanitation of kitchen facilities and equipment.
ARA Greek Kitchen & Bar provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
More detail about Ara Greek Kitchen & Bar, please visit
Associated topics: catering, chef, chief chef, corporate kitchen, lead, pantry, pastry chef, pizza chef, restaurant assistant chef, sous