- Amateur Sports
- $55,220.00 -94,950.00/year*
-Army West Point, an NCAA Division I Institution, invites applications for the position of Assistant Men's Golf Coach. This is a full-time position reporting directly to the Head Men's Golf Coach.
-Assist in the development, management, administration and supervision of a Division 1 golf program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
-Assist with the development and supervision of the Cadet-Athletes in the Men's Golf Program
-Assist with organizing, conducting, and supervising all practices, competitions, and home events
-Assist with planning, coordinating, and executing the recruitment of Cadet-Athletes under the guidelines established by USMA , the NCAA, and the Patriot League Conference
-Assist with operational responsibilities including recruitment, team travel, procurement and equipment
-Assist with outreach and connectivity to program alumni and donors
-Monitor Cadet-Athlete academic, physical, and military progress
-Assist with the planning and execution of an active social media presence. Serve as on-site liaison for the athletic communications department, and maintain social sites, keeping them up to date for followers of the program.
-Support USMA's Mission through public outreach and through participation in the Cadet-Athlete's journey in West Point's 47 month developmental experience
-Manage and maintain the Groves Indoor Golf Facility Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Prior experience in men's and/or women's college golf as a player or coach
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully; and possessing the ability and desire to work in support of the USMA Mission.
- Professional golf experience
- Experience with golf instruction using today's latest technology (i.e. Trackman, SAM PuttLab)
- Experience with Computer (Microsoft Office) and Social Media Platforms (Twitter & Instagram)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Perform duties during flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Travel as necessary
- Must be able to lift and move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to remain on feet for long periods of time; walking long distances is an integral part of this job
To apply for this position, please send cover letter, resume, and three references to Chad Bagley, Head Men's Golf Coach, at ...@westpoint.edu
Internal Number: 045
Associated topics: academy, coach, college, collegiate, institute, university, varsity
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...