AHRC Suffolk is a non-profit agency that is dedicated to applying its resources toward improving the lives of people with intellectual and development disabilities. The agency provides opportunities for attaining the highest level of personal growth and development through coordinated and individualized services.
This position is Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 3:30 pm (35 hours). This position is Full Time and Benefit Eligible.
Examples of Work:
(Performing some of the following tasks may put you at risk for acquiring the Hepatitis B virus)
- Provides ongoing supervision and training to an assigned group of participants.
- In the vocational module, maintains production according to schedule and inform Supervisor whenever schedules cannot be met. Ensure all production meets the specifications regarding quality and quantity. Monitor quality of work produced, making adjustments as necessary
- Provides training and coverage for Module Instructors as needed.
- Implements assigned curriculums for modules, follows prescribed methodology for implementation of outcomes and goals and maintains work area and equipment in a neat, clean, safe and orderly manner.
- Trains and supervises participants on the proper use and maintenance of equipment.
- Handles routine behavioral issues, assists participants who have toileting needs, and assists with transferring or lifting of participants.
- Tracks and documents each participants attendance, performance and responses to outcomes and goals.
- Provides cafeteria monitoring, bus duty monitoring and coverage of module areas.
- Coordinates the community integration experience with Administrators, Nursing, Bus Company and completes all documentation required for trips.
- Researches a variety of community inclusion opportunities based on the interests of the individuals.
- Lifts and or transfers work materials and equipment.
- As required and with specialized training, drives an Agency vehicle.
- Universal precautions must be used at all times.
- Upon receipt of proper training, may be expected to administer or supervise the administration of medication
- Provides ongoing supervision and training to an assigned group of individuals
- A High School Diploma or GED and 2 years of experience working with developmentally disabled population.
- NYS Driver's License with satisfactory driving record
- Readiness to learn and utilize relevant agency computer applications.