AHRC Suffolk is a non-profit agency that is dedicated to applying its resources toward improving the lives of people with intellectual and development disabilities. The agency provides opportunities for attaining the highest level of personal growth and development through coordinated and individualized services.
This position is Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 3:30 pm (35 hours). This position is Full Time and Benefit Eligible.
Examples of Work:
- Provides ongoing supervision and training to an assigned group of individuals
- Implements assigned curriculum on a daily basis.
- Trains and supervises individuals on the proper use and maintenance of equipment
- Handles routine behavioral issues
- Tracks and documents each individuals attendance, performance and responses to outcomes and goals
- Provides cafeteria monitoring, bus duty monitoring and coverage of module areas
- Participates in community integration activities
- Assists individuals who have toileting needs
- Assist with transferring or lifting of individuals
- Lifts and or transfers work materials and equipment
- A High School Diploma or GED
- NYS Driver's License with satisfactory driving record
- Readiness to learn and utilize relevant agency computer applications.