We have an incredible opportunity for a Veteran or military spouse looking to join our administrative tax team in our New York City office.
If the idea of a flexible position with your summer and winter holiday season off sounds appealing, then we may just have the ideal job for you!
We help our clients prepare tax returns and other financial documents.
We re incredibly busy for two tax seasons" once in the beginning of the year and once in the fall and we have an immediate opening for a talented, organized, and detail-oriented administrator.
What you ll do
Assist our Partners, CPAs, and Tax Preparers with a variety of administrative tasks including proofreading documents, digitizing them, filing them electronically, and sending them to the appropriate recipients.
You ll work closely with a team of up to 15 other professionals all focused on servicing our numerous clients so strong communication skills are a must.
It s easy work, and you ll need to be super-focused and organized.
As long as you re proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and have an incredible eye for detail we'll train you to be successful.
We work long hours expect 10-12 hours days so please make sure that this intense daily schedule is doable (free dinners when you work late!).
Our ideal candidate
- Retired Military Veteran or spouse.
- Empty nester.
- Really likes this schedule of 6.5 months on and 3.5 months off.
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
Huge plus if prior tax, accounting, or bookkeeping experience.
Proven track record of excellence in your military and/or civilian career.
Great personality, friendly, gets along well with others.
- Detail-oriented: you pride yourself on your ability to sweat the small stuff.
- Communication skills: able to clearly and concisely interact with team members.
- Tech savvy - proficient with Microsoft Word & Excel at a minimum and can learn new programs quickly.
- Highly organized: able to stay calm under pressure and focused on your objective.
- Proofreading: strong ability to spot errors by double and triple checking numbers.
- Dec. 9 - 20: Training earn estimated $1,920 (extra cash for holiday gifts?!).
- Jan. 6 - April 16: 10 to 12 hours days and earn estimated $24,420.
- April 17 - Sept. 1: Vacation time! (How does the beach sound?).
- Oct 2 - Dec. 9: 10 to 12 hours days and earn estimated $13,500.
Your compensation and work hours...
- $36/hour for overtime hours (estimated 15/week).
- Monday - Friday with an occasional Saturday.
- No medical benefits (sorry!).
Why we love hiring military Vets and spouses
- Culture of service and discipline.
- Hard-working, reliable and driven employees who persevere to reach their goals.
- Leadership and team-work experience.
- Strong, well-developed skill sets, coachable and honest.
If this position is right up your alley, let s have a quick conversation (confidential, of course).
Our hiring manager, Scarlett Madriaga, will be in touch within 2 business days to discuss the next steps and schedule a potential interview.
We always respond; your application will not get lost in a black hole!
This position is open to everyone who applies, but we give special consideration to military veterans and spouses!